jackson, willa, hobbes, and me went for a nice fall hike today. we tried out a new spot in duke forest. it was nice for letting hobbes go off leash and practicing his manners and things. willa especially enjoys “blue sky” and the “wind feel good”. willa enjoyed collecting acorns and leaves before riding in the ergo, which she also enjoys very much thankfully.
All posts in Jackson
(I just came across this draft that i wrote in November 2, 2016 and i dont think ever published! what a gem! also just realized that jackson still wears like all of the shirts he has on in these pictures from 2.5 years ago! )
I’ve actually been a little surprised by how quickly I’ve had to remind jackson and maggie to share, get along, etc. But watching these two siblings is one of my greatest joys. They adore each other. I’m excited to get to observe this relationship and watch it grow. I pray that they would always be great friends as my sisters are for me. These two – they are the best thing.
On May 1st we celebrated Jackson’s half birthday with some chocolate cake.
Sidenote: It is (sadly for me) a sign of the times lately that the blog posts I want to write take approximately 2.5 months to think about, begin, and complete (ie Willa’s 7 month post??) But I am determined to continue documenting our crazy, stressful, tiring, always-changing, beautiful life and I realize that a few months off doesn’t really matter. So yes, I am going to let them have a little bit more screen time at the moment to at least finish this post. (🤞 )
You’re halfway through your tenth year of life! You’ve been ours for about a decade and it’s been incredible. Things about you right now that I want to hold onto are:
- how absolutely incredible you are as a big brother to your sisters. you love them so much.
- you’re so curious
- You’re a reader (!!!)
- you love to listen to books (right now it’s Lord of the Rings) and play with legos in your room
- you love to ride to school with your dad while either listening to trivia/jokes on the radio or books
- you’re wrapping up 3rd grade!
- you just finished a soccer season (with no broken bones!) and you really grew as a player. you play soccer almost every day at recess and i think it has really helped you to improve. you have more confidence and its been so fun to watch
- you have helped me learn to throw a football and you love to play catch
- you eat a lot of cereal
- you still sleep like a rock
- you love to pass the soccer ball or the football (you have a pretty good spiral!)
- generally optimistic about our upcoming move
I want you to know that, I am so proud of you. So grateful for you. You are kind and thoughtful. You are sensitive and understanding.
(J’s first time riding in the front seat with me.)
I love one-on-on time with the kids and it’s hardest to come by with the firstborn. The other day I got to take him to practice (with Willa in tow) and I let him ride in the front seat and we went to the store together on the way home. When we got back into the car after the store he even said, “that was so fun”. As in grocery shopping! But I completely agree.