On May 1st we celebrated Jackson’s half birthday with some chocolate cake.
Sidenote: It is (sadly for me) a sign of the times lately that the blog posts I want to write take approximately 2.5 months to think about, begin, and complete (ie Willa’s 7 month post??) But I am determined to continue documenting our crazy, stressful, tiring, always-changing, beautiful life and I realize that a few months off doesn’t really matter. So yes, I am going to let them have a little bit more screen time at the moment to at least finish this post. (🤞 )
You’re halfway through your tenth year of life! You’ve been ours for about a decade and it’s been incredible. Things about you right now that I want to hold onto are:
- how absolutely incredible you are as a big brother to your sisters. you love them so much.
- you’re so curious
- You’re a reader (!!!)
- you love to listen to books (right now it’s Lord of the Rings) and play with legos in your room
- you love to ride to school with your dad while either listening to trivia/jokes on the radio or books
- you’re wrapping up 3rd grade!
- you just finished a soccer season (with no broken bones!) and you really grew as a player. you play soccer almost every day at recess and i think it has really helped you to improve. you have more confidence and its been so fun to watch
- you have helped me learn to throw a football and you love to play catch
- you eat a lot of cereal
- you still sleep like a rock
- you love to pass the soccer ball or the football (you have a pretty good spiral!)
- generally optimistic about our upcoming move
I want you to know that, I am so proud of you. So grateful for you. You are kind and thoughtful. You are sensitive and understanding.